Flare is smart jewelry with a hidden escape button. We give each of our users the choice to make a graceful exit from uncomfortable or awkward situations. They’re one button press away from escaping unwanted conversations, endless meetings, or #metoo moments.
We are looking for a Head of Marketing to join our 3-person venture-backed team in Boston. Work as a right-hand partner with our founders to bring Flare to market and express the foundation of our brand through marketing campaigns, experiences, and storytelling. If you want the opportunity to engage with customers on a new product and brand from the very beginning, this is it!
Your key deliverables will be defined primarily by early customer acquisition and engagement goals, and we'll expect you to develop deep customer understanding that you infuse throughout the company. We're looking for a teammate who is creative, collaborative, determined, and resourceful. You'll combine data analysis, intuition, and customer understanding to inform your decisions, and have a blast with us along the way!
We are looking for a passionate core team member who cares deeply about the issues facing marginalized communities, is fed-up with the status quo, wants to play an instrumental role in the early stages of a startup, and is ready to fully dive into creating lasting change. This is a rare early stage opportunity to help build something that will have a positive impact on the world with unbeatable work environment, autonomy, and support. Full-time role. Boston based.
What You’ll Do:
- Spearhead the implementation of our marketing plan for launch and beyond, and contribute heavily to brand and partnership development in collaboration with the founders
- Flex from directly coordinating and executing marketing campaigns to working on high level go-to-market strategy
- Identify, implement and test early customer acquisition strategies, refining target customer audiences, channel fit, and positioning based on data
- Lead creative production for cohesive brand expression, managing freelancers, content delivery, and budget effectively
- Build relationships for, coordinate, and execute field events (pop-ups, tabling, and sales events on college campuses)
- Initiate and develop influencer marketing strategy and other social strategies
- Potential to manage and lead the marketing team as we grow
- Apply the best available tools to drive efficiency, reliability, and success
- Go home every day knowing that your work is vital to the success of achieving our goals and enabling others to lead safer lives
What You Bring:
- Experience in marketing or customer acquisition for a consumer brand in the college market and beyond
- Experience with viral marketing and employing the right marketing tactics to fuel rapid growth
- Ideas and expertise in grassroots marketing strategy on college campuses
- Strong relationship development skills, verbal acumen, and creative problem solving to bring concepts from the idea stage into reality
- You are a hands-on, passionate marketer who is willing to roll up their sleeves and brings a “can do” attitude to the team
- Experience communicating and collaborating cross-functionally with engineering and product teams
- Continuously learning; positive and resourceful in the face of challenges
Who you are:
Results Oriented –
- You understand startup life. You're motivated by success and have an intrinsic bias towards taking action and ownership. You hold yourself accountable and value transparency
- You're methodical, process and detail oriented, and are constantly thinking about ways to increase efficiency and generate more leverage
A Cultural Fit –
- You care deeply about combating sexual harassment, assault, and rape
- You're bold enough to ask for forgiveness, not permission, and confident enough to accept and improve from direct feedback when you inevitably make a mistake (and are not afraid to give direct feedback to others as well)
- You know how to have fun, but can also be very deeply focused. We're big fans of work-life balance, but know when to minimize distraction and hustle
- You're progressive, inclusive, and egalitarian. You’re cognizant of your ingrained biases and make an active effort to mitigate or dispel them
* We are an equal opportunity employer who believes a diverse team is better at tackling complex problems and coming up with innovative solutions. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, class, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. It is our priority to be a leader in employee well-being, diversity, and impact in the places we exist.