Flare is looking for a Content Creator to join our marketing team of 3. The position is fully remote, part-time, and contract/retainer. Founded by survivors of assault, Flare is on a mission to redefine how people think about personal safety. Named one of Time's Best Inventions of 2020, the hybrid software/hardware product is a smart bracelet with discreet personal safety features that are customized on our mobile app to help people navigate uncomfortable and iffy situations. We are backed by top-tier venture capitalists who are passionate about the product we’re launching and even more excited about our long-term vision for the company and for personal safety.
Flare exists to keep women safe and spark cultural change. No one’s safety should be determined by who they are. Everyone deserves to feel confident and in control. This is the world we are creating.
Why this role is important:
You will drive the early stages of the online community and brand for one of the fastest growing e-commerce startups. Your day-to-day responsibilities will have a direct impact on our sales and our brand. This role is 60% sourcing content online (and getting the appropriate approvals) and 40% creating the content. Combining design, video editing, and social media management, this is a proactive role working to bring more people into the brand conversation: activity keeping your pulse on what is going on on social media at all times and helping the brand create engaging, relevant, viral content.
What’s in it for you?
This is a rare opportunity to be mentored by two Harvard Business School graduates in a scrappy, fast-paced, and impact-driven start-up. You will have more ownership and autonomy than most positions. You will learn more in the first six months than most learn in years. This role is perfect for someone who already has a social media presence and wants to use those skills while still being able to work on their own brand. This role could transition into a full-time position in the future.
● 2+ years of social media content creation and/or management. A deep knowledge and understanding of all social media platforms and how to leverage content creators on them for Flare.
● Experience working in an ambitious and fast-paced environment
● Create 3-5 social media pieces of content (videos, graphics, challenges, duets, images, filters, collaborations) per week
● Increase our engagement and followers across our social media platforms, including Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, and Facebook
Core competencies / hard skills:
● Graphic Design for social media
● Photography and Videography for Social Media: shooting and editing
● Social Media Wiz: you have your hand on the pulse of current and emerging social and digital trends. Must be aware of the fashion, art, cultural zeitgeist, and the always changing influencer landscape. Must have great taste and can quickly gauge the value of content, interactions, and creators. You are easily able to identify creators for the brand through a lens of inclusivity, diversity, and authenticity. You are on-top of all the trends as soon as they start, know how to source engaging content and get the appropriate approvals. You have strong conceptual and written skills
● Knowledge of Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, YouTube, Canva, SocialSpout (or similar), and photo editing (snapseed or vsco for example)
Personal attributes / soft skills:
● Strong point of view. You will challenge and push our design aesthetic: bring new ideas and strategic thinking to build thoughtful design systems. Aware and curious about the world of design and the internet. You constantly seek what’s new and are well versed at what is happening in technology, fashion, social media, and beyond. You are able to dream up an idea and effectively articulate it in both written and visual formats. You think equal parts creatively and strategically
● You exude energy, positivity, and optimism. You gravitate towards the camera
● Scrappy Self-motivated. You work best with a high level of autonomy and responsibility and are organized and detail oriented
● Passionate about Flare’s mission
How to apply:
To apply, please submit your resume, your portfolio of work, and a brief note about your experience and ability to support Flare.
Diversity and inclusion are not just values at Flare, but an integral part of everything we do, from brand to product development. We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, age, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.