Flare is looking for a community manager to join our 5-person seed-stage technology startup in Boston. Founded by survivors of assault, Flare is on a mission to redefine how people think about personal safety. The hybrid software/hardware product is a smart bracelet with discreet personal safety features that are customized on our mobile platform to help people navigate uncomfortable and iffy situations. We are backed by top-tier venture capitalists who are passionate about the product we’re launching this year and even more excited about our long-term vision for the company and for personal safety.
As Flare’s first community manager, you will work alongside our team to cultivate a relentless focus on customer experience and community building. You will be the first touchpoint representing Flare to our community members - managing our digital presence, customer support, and engaging directly with college students and parents to spread Flare’s mission. Ultimately, you will be acting as the face and voice of our brand and managing communications to build the Flare community. We’re looking for an enthusiastic and self-driven team member who wants to bring about a new conversation around personal safety and help create a movement with a powerful mission.
- Social Media Management: Build, implement, and manage a comprehensive cross-platform digital content strategy to represent Flare’s brand, grow our online following, and maintain at least 10% engagement
- Customer Support: Collaborate with team members to build-out a best-in-class customer support process. Manage all customer support tickets and respond to customer questions and feedback in a timely manner.
- Brand Ambassador Program: Grow and manage Flare’s expanding student ambassador program across the country. Work with the ambassadors to build lasting relationships, establish accountability, create content (both written and visual), hold events on college campuses, and recruit.
- Manage The Aura by Flare - a digital space for personal expression, candid conversations, storytelling, and getting real - where different voices around safety, sex, relationships, culture, college life, and wellness are amplified.
- Oversee the creation of at least 6 articles a month - including writing and editing articles and developing brand content partnerships.
- Build and implement our customer retention strategies, systems, and campaigns, including email.
- Bachelor of Science in communications, marketing, writing, design (or equivalent) and 1-3 years professional experience.
- Proven written and editorial skills to craft content that drives meaningful discussion.
- Experience creating content for Instagram and developing social media content strategies. Clear understanding of social media analytics - preference for someone who has grown and managed accounts of 5k+ followers.
- Meticulous attention to detail and eye for design.
- A positive attitude and eagerness to get tasks done well, no matter how big or small, with a “whatever it takes” mentality. A people-person who enjoys talking with people and can remain calm during stressful times.
- Ability to be empathetic, accurate, compassionate, responsive, and resourceful and become a subject matter expert on Flare’s software and hardware experience - providing both written and verbal instruction for incoming customer support requests and helping maintain an up-to-date and helpful knowledge center.
- Experience working with zendesk a plus.
- Authorized to work in the U.S
We’re looking for a passionate and reliable (during and after hours) core team member who cares deeply about the issues facing marginalized communities. You are not satisfied with the status quo and you want to play an instrumental role in launching a category-defining product.
This is an incredible early-stage leadership opportunity to help build something that will have a positive impact on the world with lots of exciting milestones ahead. This is a full-time role based in downtown Boston with some remote work okay and future opportunities for travel. We value health and wellness at Flare and offer competitive health coverage, retirement benefits, and commuter benefits. To apply, submit your resume.