Flare is looking for a Marketing Manager to join our team. The position will be fully remote. Founded by survivors of assault, Flare is on a mission to redefine how people think about personal safety. The hybrid software/hardware product is a smart bracelet with discreet personal safety features that are customized on our mobile app to help people navigate uncomfortable and iffy situations. We are backed by top-tier venture capitalists who are passionate about the product we’re launching and even more excited about our long-term vision for the company and for personal safety.
Flare exists to keep women safe and spark cultural change. No one’s safety should be determined by who they are. Everyone deserves to feel confident and in control. This is the world we are creating.
Why this role is important:
Reporting directly to Flare’s co-founder, you will help drive the early stages of growth and brand awareness. Your day-to-day responsibilities will have a direct impact on Flare’s sales and the total reach we have.
What’s in it for you?
This is a rare opportunity to be mentored by two Harvard Business School graduates in a fast-paced and impact-driven start-up. You will have more ownership and autonomy than most positions. You will learn more in the first six months than most learn in years. You will also have an opportunity to own part of the company as a stock option holder.
● 2+ years of marketing experience.
● 2+ years of experience working in an ambitious and fast-paced environment.
● Drive customer acquisition through earned channels (PR, influencer, content)
● Encourage product usage, increase retention, and develop a strong community through owned channels (social media, email, web)
● Increase net promoter score by creating surprise and delight moments for our customers.
Core competencies / hard skills:
● Knowledge of MailChimp, Shopify, Facebook, Instagram, and GoogleSuite.
● Ability to make compelling presentations and reports.
● Community management skills.
● Ability to analyze and summarize data and trends.
● Management capabilities for external partners.
Personal attributes / soft skills:
● Self-motivated. You work best with a high level of autonomy and responsibility.
● Positive and optimistic.
● Organized and detail oriented.
● Passionate about Flare’s mission.
How to apply:
To apply, please submit your resume and a brief note about your experience and ability to support Flare.